HOW TO GET HELP FOR YOUR FAMILY
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 9:00am -6:00pm
Friday - 9am-12 noon
How to Make an Appointment:
Call and set up an appointment: 972-234-8880- Option 1. A receptionist will set up an appointment for you Appointments are typically made about a week in advance unless there has been a cancellation.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Proof of residence (a lease or utility bill in your name)
- Photo identification upon arriving for your appointment.
What Happens when You Get to Network
- Each individual with an appointment will be interviewed by a Client Intake Specialist to determine assistance
- Expect the entire process to take at least one hour of your time from the start of your appointment.
- Arrive a few minutes early to complete paperwork
- If you are not fluent in English, bilingual translators are on site
Rent or Utility Assistance
- Proof of income to demonstrate that you will be ok the next month
- A copy of your lease for rental assistance
- A copy of your latest bill for utilities assistance.
- Financial assistance can only be given to an individual once in a 12 month period and is not guaranteed for you when you have an appointment. Typically, only the last $100-$200 of rent is paid if the individual qualifies.
- If you are seeking food assistance, you will be given a Client Choice Pantry form upon your arrival to complete.
- The volunteers in the Thomas Family Food Pantry will fill your order, and it can be picked up upon your departure.
- If you are seeking clothing assistance, you will be given a voucher for you to shop in the Richardson � North Dallas Family Clothing Center.
- The voucher will be signed and is good for 2 weeks from the time it is issued.
- Network's Adolescent and Children�s Clinic serves only children and youth from ages 0-18. Please call 972-234-8880 for an appointment.
- Hours of Operation: 6-9 Mondays and Wednesdays only. The clinic is closed during the summer.
OUR UNIFORM CLIENT INTAKE CRITERIA: CLICK HERE
NETWORK'S CHILDREN'S POVERTY INITIATIVE
Our commitment to all that matters�kids
"760,000 children call Dallas County their home; over 160,000 are living in poverty. Together, we can share and achieve the vision that Dallas is the best place to be a child and help ensure a productive future for our community."--Beyond ABC, Growing Up In Dallas County--a report by the Dallas Children's Hospital
On February 24, 2012, the Casey Foundation released a disturbing report stating that a 25% surge in impoverished children had occurred nationwide. Among the states with children in high-poverty neighborhoods was Texas at 17%.
These troubling statistics are no surprise to NETWORK. We already know kids in high-poverty neighborhoods are at risk.
We see their families every day.
It is right here in the Dallas area that the rate of child poverty currently exceeds both the Texas average and the national average. Poverty is associated with poor outcomes for children in their health, education and emotional welfare, along with high rates of delinquency.
Of the 160,000 children across Dallas County deemed impoverished, over 20,000 reside in the service area of the NETWORK of Community Ministries.
These children are invisible threads of the human tapestry around us. In their lives, unravelling occurs daily because of food insecurity, monthly vulnerability to homelessness, and a lack of access to healthcare. Their parents have no means to end these crises. They simply need help.
An investment in a child is one for life; thus our priority is their poverty, their suffering. We are committed to their survival.
Approaches to alleviate child poverty begin with neighbors like you and the NETWORK of Community Ministries.
Annie E. Casey Foundation, Kids Count Data Report, 2012 and Dallas Children�s Medical Center Beyond ABC: Growing Up in Dallas County, 2009.
GET YOUR TEXAS BENEFITS APPLICATION PROCESSED AT NETWORK
NEED HELP WITH GETTING FOOD STAMPS, MEDICAID, TANF FINANCIAL HELP?
In an effort to make it easier and more efficient for Texans to apply for and manage their HHSC benefits, the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) is partnering with community-based organizations like Network of Community Ministries, Inc. to help people learn how they can get the most out of the HHSC's benefits application and management website, YourTexasBenefits.com.
WE HAVE A CERTIFIED HHS CLIENT NAVIGATOR READY TO HELP YOU.
Our Client Navigator helps people apply for and manage their HHSC benefits, including food, cash and medical assistance, online at HHSC�s YourTexasBenefits.com. Our Site Manager is capable of teaching Texans how to put YourTexasBenefits.com to work for them.
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE OUR CLIENT NAVIGATOR
Call 972-234-8880 Extension 123.� If no answer, leave the following on voicemail because may be with a client at the time of your call.
Name and Telephone #
At the appointment scheduling, you will be told the documentation to bring to the appointment for the HHS Client Navigator to upload your application at TexasBenefits.com
NETWORK of Community Ministries, Inc.
WANT TO DO IT YOURSELF?� CLICK HERE
State benefit programs help people with little or no money who are in need of:
Other programs that offer help:
2013 - 2014 Program Impact Reports
Below are the Impact Reports for the 2013 - 2014 NETWORK fiscal year. The fiscal year runs from July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014. The reports capture and put a story to the lives of those in need while illustrating NETWORK�s role in providing vital assistance to our impoverished neighbors.
Please click on the links below to learn more about the dynamic services NETWORK offers in "to care, coach and empower our neighbors in need as they seek an improved quality of life".
2013-2014 Client Totals
July 1, 2014-Dec.31, 2014
Client Response Data Report
Client Data Report
If you�d like more information on how you can become involved in NETWORK�s mission, please contact, us today, email@example.com.